The information in this guide is provided for assistance only.
If you play Draw-Based Games online the Rules for Draw-Based Games Played Online and the relevant Game Procedures (and any Game Specific Rules) apply.
If you play Instant Wins online, the Rules for Interactive Instant Win Games, and the relevant Game Procedures (and any Game Specific Rules) apply.
- 1 Using the website
- 2 Buying entries on the website
- 3 Play Limits
- 4 Unfinished games and interrupted purchases
- 5 Prizes
- 6 Keep your account safe
- 7 Further Information
The best way to find your way around the website is to use the navigation buttons and menus within the website. The back/forward buttons in your browser may not take you to where you want to go, and any data placed in forms might be lost.
Buying entries on the website
You need to set up a Islands Lotto account before you can play Islands Lotto games on the website.
To set up a Islands Lotto account you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be 18 or over.
- You mustn't already have a Islands Lotto account.
- You will need to provide certain information so we can verify your identity and eligibility to play. See the Account Terms for more information.
Our licence to operate The Islands Lotto requires us to make sure that no one under the age of 18 buys tickets or claims prizes. This is why we ask for certain information, which we can then check through an authentication agency. The information is only used for authentication purposes – we don't run credit checks.
If you opt in to receive marketing communications, we will also use your information (and share it with selected business partners) to send you information we think might interest you. You can change your mind and opt out at any time.
In order to register for an Islands Lotto account, you will need to tell us at least the following:
- Your full name, and residential address with a Jersey postcode.
- Your date of birth.
- Your current email address.
- That you are age 18 years or over.
- You will be asked to choose a password when you register. Your email address is your username. You won't be able to change your username online so you should make sure you are happy with it before completing registration. If you forget your password at any time, you can choose the relevant 'Forgot password' link on the Sign In page.
To play Instant Wins for prizes or Draw-Based Games on the website, you will need to add funds to your account through the Top Up facility.
Finally, remember that you are only allowed to have one Islands Lotto account.
When can I play?
The Islands Lotto website is available for browsing and playing 24 hours a day.
How do Instant Win Games work?
As with all Islands Lotto games, Instant Win Games are games of chance; no skill is required to win. The outcome of each Instant Win is predetermined at the point you buy or try an Instant Win Game.
The outcome is generated by random number generator software that has been independently checked and audited.
Account balance and spend limit
You can currently transfer a minimum of £5 into your Islands Lotto account. The maximum amount you can deposit into your Islands Lotto account depends on the amount of KYC documentation approved and any limits that you configure on your account. Funds transfers do not incur charges. You won't be entitled to receive interest on any funds in your account.
You can change your Islands Lotto account settings. Changes can be made at any time in 'My account'.
General limits on Play
Go to the limits section under the "My Account" section. Here you can control how much you spend, how much you might lose, and how much you can play. Be responsible and take control of your play!
Take a break from Instant Wins and the Lotto
You are able to suspend your access to Islands Lotto at any time. Suspending will prevent you from accessing the site for your chosen period. Once your chose suspension period has expired you will be given the option to re-enable your account the next time you try to login.
You also have the option to exclude yourself from Islands Lotto. This will close your account and prevent you from opening a new account for your chosen period of exclusion. Please note, deliberately attempting to circumvent an exclusion is against our Terms and Conditions and in most instances will result in Identity Fraud which is a criminal offence.
If you haven’t finished an Instant Win Game for any reason (including if you lose internet connection or your browser crashes), you will be notified of your unfinished game when you next log into your Islands Lotto account. You won't be able to play a new Instant Win Game until the unfinished one is completed.
If You do not complete a Play within 7 days of buying it, Islands Lotto’s Computer System will play it out to completion on Your behalf 24 hours after the expiration of the 7 days period. Any prizes will be credited on your behalf.
An Instant Win is considered complete once you click or tap on the Finish button, and its outcome status shows either “Finished” where no prize has been won, or the prize amount where a prize has been won.
If you lose your internet connection or your browser crashes whilst you are buying a ticket for a Draw-Based Game with your Islands Lotto account, you should sign into your account and review your ‘Transaction history’ in ‘My account’ when your internet connection returns or browser restarts. You can then see if the purchase was completed and whether your ticket has been entered into the draw. If the purchase was completed before you lost connection, you will see your ticket details here. If not, you can try to buy the ticket again.
Full details of how to claim prizes and how they will be paid are set out in the Rules for Draw-Based Games Played Online, in the Rules for Interactive Instant Win Games and in the Terms and Conditions.
How do I check if I've won?
With Instant Wins, you will be notified on-screen if you win, and the amount of any prize. You will also see an updated account balance.
For Draw-Based Games, we will email you after the draw (and, if you bought your entry from your Islands Lotto account, you will be notified when you next sign in to your Islands Lotto account) if you have won a prize. You will also see an updated account balance.
Details of any win for entries bought from your Islands Lotto account will also be shown in the ‘My games’ and 'Play history' areas in 'My Account'.
How long do I have to claim my prize?
Unless you follow the procedure set out in the paragraph immediately below, prizes for Draw-Based Games must be claimed before the end of the 365th day after the date of the relevant draw (subject to the timings set out in the "How do I claim my prize" section further on).
A Draw-Based Game prize can be claimed in person anytime before the end of the 365th day.
If you don’t claim any prize within the relevant prize claim period, your entitlement to that prize will be lost.
How do I claim my prize?
For online prizes:
- Non insured cash prizes will be applied to your account balance automatically, you can then follow the standard withdraw process in the account section.
- Insured prizes must be claimed in person during the claim period.
- If you win a non-cash prize, instalment/regular payment or annuity prize, how to claim will be set out in the Game Procedures and/or Game Specific Rules for the relevant game.
- When claiming a prize, a screen-print of a winning play and a purchase confirmation will not be accepted as any proof of entitlement.
You won't be entitled to any interest on prizes.
If the prize is not claimed within 365 days your account will become dormant and your prize will be retained by Islands Lotto.
As with any online account it is really important that you follow good security practices and keep you account log in and personal information safe. The following advice will help
- Use a secure password that is at least 6 characters long, make sure it includes a mix of letters with different case and numbers at the least. Better still use a long password that is made up from several unrelated words mixed with some numbers.
- Never use the same password on more than one site
- Use a third party password vault to store your passwords so you don't forget them. There are many of these, choose a popular one that works on the devices you use most.
- Never share your password with anyone else - nobody connected with this site will ever ask you for your password!
Are my winnings tax free?
Islands Lotto prizes are tax free at the time of collection / redemption of the prize.
Please play responsibly...
We are keen that you play Islands Lotto responsibly. Remember you always have control; you should configure limits on your spend and play in the Account section.
If you are concerned about playing too much, please call GamCare on 0808 8020 133.