8th edition effective 24th May 2018.
These Account terms (the “Terms”) set out the various rules and procedures that apply when You open an Account and use it to play a Game online (including on mobile devices) or for any other reason.
By accessing the Site or opening an Account with us, You agree to be bound by these Terms and the relevant documents below:
A reference to a Section or a Schedule is a reference to a Section of or Schedule to these Terms.
A reference to a Paragraph is, unless otherwise stated, a reference to a Paragraph of the Schedule in which the reference appears.
All words and phrases in these Terms that begin with a capital letter and have specific meaning are defined below or in Section 17.
Where a monetary sum appears in these Terms it may also modified by such higher amount as may be specified on the Site from time to time.
- 1 Account Registration
- 2 Using Your Account
- 3 Funds and limits on Funds
- 4 Limits on Plays and Entries
- 5 Game History and Transaction History
- 6 Claiming a prize
- 7 Validation Requirements
- 8 Payment of Prizes
- 9 Closing an Account, termination of an Account and Suspension of access
- 10 Use of the Site
- 11 Your information
- 12 Limitation of Liability
- 13 Disputes and Islands Lotto's Decisions
- 14 General
- 15 Law
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 Definitions
1.1 You are only allowed to have one Account.
1.2 You may open an Account and use that Account only if:
- 1.2.1 You are 18 years of age or over; or
- 1.2.2 the legal gambling age in the territory in which you are located is over 18, You are that legal gambling age or over; and
- 1.2.3 You have full legal capacity to enter into the Contract;
- 1.2.4 You have not been diagnosed or classified as a compulsive or problem gambler or consider yourself to be a compulsive or problem gambler;
- 1.2.5 You are recognised by checks carried out by Islands Lotto;
- 1.2.6 You are in a territory where it is legal to access or register on this Site, open an Account, play any of the Games or use the methods of payment allowed on the Site; and
- 1.2.7 You comply with the laws of the territory in which You are located.
- check that Your use of this Site, registering with this Site, opening an Account, playing any of the Games and using the method of payments allowed on the Site is legal.
Islands Lotto is not responsible for any loss which You suffer if you do not comply with any law which applies to You.
Operating this Website: By operating the Site, Islands Lotto is not offering any of the Games to You or inviting You to use this Site, register on this Site, open an Account or play any of the Games if to do so is illegal.
No warranty of legality: Islands Lotto does not warrant that Your use of the Site, Your registering on the Site, Your opening an Account or Your playing any of the Games is legal.
No advice form Islands Lotto: Islands Lotto cannot advise You on whether or not Your use of the Site, Your registering on this Site, Your opening an Account or Your playing any of the Games, is legal.
It is for You to decide whether or not to use this Site, register on the Site, open an Account, or play any Games and You do so at Your own risk.
1.3 The following people may not open or have an Account, pay Funds into an Account, play a Game, or buy an Entry or a Play (and Islands Lotto will not be liable to pay out any claim for a Prize to, or credit any Winnings to the Account of, any such person):
- 1.3.1 any person who does not meet the criteria set out in Section 1.2;
- 1.3.2 any person under the legal gambling age in the territory which they are located, whether that person is acting for themselves or anyone else;
- 1.3.3 directors and employees of Islands Lotto or any company in the same group as Islands Lotto;
- 1.3.4 specified employees of any of Islands Lotto’s or any company in the same group as Islands Lottokey contractors and sub-contractors (as specified by the Jersey Gambling Commission from time to time);
- 1.3.5 any spouse, civil or domestic partner, child or and any person who is, to some extent, supported or maintained by anyone mentioned in Section 1.3.3 or 1.3.4, in either case if living in the same household as that person;
- 1.3.6 any person who has an Account which has a status that prohibits them from playing a Game or claiming a Prize (including, without limitation, a person whose Account has been suspended or closed);
- 1.3.7 any person who is prevented from opening an Account or playing a Game under the Jersey Gambling Commission’s Codes of Practice;
- 1.3.8 any person who is excluded or prohibited by the Draw Rules, the Game Rules or the Game Specific Rules; and
- 1.3.9 anyone else Islands Lotto or the Jersey Gambling Commission may, in their absolute discretion, decide and specify in any amendment which is made to these Terms or published on the Site or otherwise communicated to Players from time to time.
1.4 When You apply to open an Account You must provide certain information to allow Islands Lotto to check whether or not You are eligible to open or hold an Account, pay Funds into Your Account, play the Games and buy an Entry or a Play. This information may include, for example but without limitation, Your name, address, date of birth and email address. Islands Lotto reserves the right to carry out checks to establish Your eligibility and to verify (or ask an authentication agency to carry out checks to verify) Your age and identity and any other details and to ask You for further documentation to verify the same.
1.5 After You have opened an Account, Islands Lotto may from time to time require copies of Your ID documents to verify that You are still eligible to have an Account, pay Funds into Your Account, play the Games and buy an Entry or a Play.
1.6 Islands Lotto reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse an application to open an Account for any reason.
1.7 If Islands Lotto subsequently discovers that You were or are Ineligible, Islands Lotto reserves the right to take all appropriate steps in relation to You and Your Account including, without limitation, suspending or closing Your Account.
1.8 Islands Lotto will not be liable to pay out on a claim for a Prize made by anyone who was or is Ineligible and may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to pay out on a claim for a Prize made by anyone who has more than one Account. If a Prize is paid to anyone who was or is Ineligible or who has more than one Account, that person will repay the Prize to Islands Lotto immediately upon request.
1.9 Islands Lotto employees may pay Funds into an Account and buy Plays or Entries but only for the purpose of testing Accounts and how they operate. Islands Lotto may impose conditions on any Islands Lotto employee paying Funds into an Account and buying Plays or Entries including, for example but without limitation, that Islands Lotto employees and Islands Lotto will not be entitled to benefit from any Prize won by any such Play or Entry.
2.1 You must only access Your Account or play a Game when You are physically located in a territory where it is legal to do so. You agree that playing a Game or accessing Your Account whilst located in any jurisdiction or territory where it is illegal to play any of the games, including but not limited to the United States of America or Canada, is strictly prohibited. You also agree that Islands Lotto will not be liable to pay out on a claim for a Prize made by You in respect of any Games played whilst You are (or were) located in any jurisdiction or territory where it is illegal to do so. The respective Win will be considered void. Islands Lotto has the right to terminate Your Account and refuse any and all current or future Entries by You or access to the Site by You if it suspects or knows that You have played or are intending to play the Games played online whilst located in any jurisdiction or territory where it is illegal to do so.
2.2 If You successfully open an Account but have not added Funds You can only play Try Games.
2.3 You will only be able to buy Plays or Entries through Your Account once You have added Funds.
2.4 You are responsible for making sure all of Your Account information is accurate and up to date. You can only update or change certain Games-Related Information. The updates can only be done through Your Account, unless Islands Lotto decides otherwise at its discretion (and in exceptional circumstances).
2.5 You must keep Your password to Your Account secure and secret at all times and take steps to prevent it being used without Your permission. You should, for example but without limitation:
- 2.5.1 memorise Your password and never tell it to anyone;
- 2.5.2 never write Your password down (including on Your computer or other electronic device) or record it in a way that can be understood by someone else;
- 2.5.3 destroy any communications from Islands Lotto in relation to Your password as soon as You have read them;
- 2.5.4 avoid using a password that is easy to guess; and
- 2.5.5 Contact Customer Services immediately if anyone has used Your Account or given any instruction in relation to it without Your permission, or if You think someone else knows Your password.
2.6 If You forget Your password, You can reset it by following the instructions on the Site.
2.7 If You do not log into or otherwise access or use Your Account for a continuous period of 365 days, Your Account will become a “Dormant Account”.
2.8 If there are Funds or Winnings in Your Dormant Account, Islands Lotto will use all reasonable efforts to contact You (or Your personal representatives, where appropriate) to establish Your wishes in relation to those Funds or Winnings. If Islands Lotto is not able to contact You (or Your personal representatives, where appropriate), it may at its discretion, transfer an amount to You equal to the value of any Funds, except Funds credited as part of Promotional Campaigns, or Winnings (by deeming them to be claimed by You) in Your Account to the credit or debit card registered to Your Account, Your nominated bank account or by cheque.
2.9 If after 3 months from the date when Your Account become Dormant, Islands Lotto is not able to return the respective amount to that credit or debit card, nominated bank account or by cheque, Islands Lotto will have absolute discretion to use who they see fit the cash equivalent of your Funds and Your Account will be terminated.
3.1 Once You have created Your Account, You can add Funds using Your credit or debit card. Islands Lotto will determine whether the Funds You want to add to Your Account will be provided, for reasons included but not limited to whether the limits at Section 3.8 would be exceeded by approving such additional Funds. Once this has been confirmed and Islands Lotto has verified that the credit or debit card registered to Your Account has not been reported as lost or stolen, the Funds will be added to Your Account.
3.2 You can only add Funds, buy a Play or an Entry and claim Prizes in accordance with the Rules, the Terms, and any Game Specific Rules that apply to a Game.3.3 You can only buy an Entry or a Play if You have an Islands Lotto registered Account and have sufficient Funds in Your Account to play.
3.4 There is no general right for any person to add Funds or exchange such Funds for a Play or Entry. Islands Lotto can refuse in its absolute discretion to accept monetary deposits to increase your Funds or provide access to Games to anyone, and/or limit the amount of Funds that You can add to Your Account, without giving a reason.
3.5 The Funds in Your Account can be refunded only in specific instances authorized by Islands Lotto. For the avoidance of doubt, unplayed Funds that do not constitute prize amounts can only be withdrawn upon account closure in accordance with these Terms.
3.6 Any Funds credited as part of a Promotional Campaign can only be used for buying a Play or an Entry. They are non-refundable.
3.7 There is a minimum and maximum amount of Funds that can be added to Your Account at any one time and/or during any period of time and/or in any one transaction. The minimum and maximum amount that can be added to Your Account will be set by Islands Lotto from time to time and as specified on the Site. The minimum and maximum amount that can be added to Your Account are as below:
- 3.7.1 a minimum amount of £10.00 in any single transaction using Your credit or debit card; and
- 3.7.2 a maximum of £2,000.00 in any 7 day period.
3.8 Islands Lotto may also, at any time, impose a maximum amount of Funds that You can hold in Your Account. Any maximum amount of Funds which You can hold in Your Account will be communicated to You in any way Islands Lotto decides from time to time, including but without limitation in these Terms.
3.9 If Islands Lotto imposes a maximum amount of Funds in accordance with Section 3.7 or 3.8 and You have more Funds in Your Account than the revised maximum number, You will:
- 3.9.1 be entitled to retain the Funds in Your Account for future use; and
- 3.9.2 not be able to add any more Funds until the amount of Funds in Your Account is less than the revised maximum amount of Funds.
3.10 You can only buy Plays up to the value of the Funds in Your Account (subject to any play limits – see Section 4).
3.11 Plays and Entries must be bought for their full value in Pounds (£) shown, unless they are given away for free by Islands Lotto in a promotion or as Prizes.
3.12 Plays and Entries can only be bought from Islands Lotto and any purchases are made in accordance with these Terms.
3.13 All funds in customer accounts are held by Islands Lotto Limited, in a segregated account. In the unlikely event that Islands Lotto becomes subject to any insolvency proceedings, Your money will not be available to administrators/ liquidators (or similar) and so You will be able to withdraw your money from your account as normal. This arrangement meets the UK Gambling Commission’s requirements for the protection of customer funds at the level: medium.
3.14 You undertake that:
- 3.14.1 all money that You deposit in your account is untainted with any illegality and, in particular, does not originate from any illegal activity or source; and
- 3.14.2 all payments made into Your account are authorised and You will not attempt to reverse a payment made into Your account or take any action which will cause such a payment to be reversed by a third party, in order to avoid any legitimate liability.
3.15 You accept that all transactions may be checked to prevent money laundering and that any transactions made by You which Islands Lotto deems suspicious, may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
4.1 Islands Lotto may, in its absolute discretion, impose limits on the number of times You can play a Try Game, and/or the number of Plays or Entries You can buy, during a defined time period. Any limits imposed under this Section 4.1 will be notified to You in an appropriate manner by Islands Lotto, including, for example but without limitation, by including the limits in these Terms.
4.2 Subject to any limits imposed by Islands Lotto under Section 4.1, You are able to temporarily exclude Yourself for a period of up to 30 days, from Your Account (and, therefore, from playing all Games) by using the “suspend” feature in your Account. You can also permanently exclude Yourself by contacting customer services or by using the “self-exclusion” feature in Your Account.
- 4.2.1 If you request a self-exclusion, Islands Lotto will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, apply best practices to prevent You from using Your account indefinitely. To this end, we may retain such personal data as is necessary (and for as long as is necessary which may be indefinitely) to implement the facility as effectively as possible (including for example your name and address).
- 4.2.2 Our self-exclusion facility involves a joint commitment between Islands Lotto and You. During a period of self-exclusion, we will take reasonable steps to prevent You re-opening Your Account or opening a new Account but You must not attempt to re-open Your Account or to try and open new Accounts.
4.3 Plays or Entries bought using Your Account will count towards any limit imposed by Islands Lotto or set by You.
4.4 If You think Your limits have not been applied correctly, contact Customer Services.
4.5 You can purchase a maximum of 10,000 Plays for Pay to Play Games in any 24 hour period.
4.6 You can spend a maximum of £20,000 in any 7 day period.
4.7 You are able to set Your own Account limits with the following options:
- 4.7.1 The maximum amount of money You want to deposit into Your account in a time period selected by You.
- 4.7.2 The maximum amount of money You want to spend to purchase Plays or Entries in a time period selected by You.
- 4.7.3 The maximum number of Plays for Pay to Play Games You want to purchase in a time period selected by You.
4.8 Your limits must be all equal to or less than any limits imposed by Islands Lotto.
4.9 The lowest limit of either the limits set by You or the Islands Lotto Computer System will apply.
5.1 You can view all details relating to Your Game History and certain Transaction History, by accessing Your Account on the Site.
6.1 Subject to Section 6.7, You can only claim a Prize if You are the holder of an Account with a Win or a Syndicate Owner with a Win (see Section 7 of Schedule 1).
6.2 Until a Prize has been claimed, it will be shown as Winnings in Your Account and You can use your Winnings to purchase Plays or Entries. Once a Prize has been claimed and validated in accordance with these Terms, the Prize will be paid in accordance with Section 8.
6.3 If You claim a Prize in person, Islands Lotto must receive the following within the Claim Period:
6.3.1 information sufficient in the opinion of Islands Lotto to prove that, subject to Section 6.7, You are the holder of the Account linked to the Win;
6.3.2 any form that Islands Lotto requires You to complete;
6.3.3 any additional proof of person or any other information Islands Lotto requires You to provide (where required), at the Islands Lotto offices, Your home or other location stipulated by Islands Lotto.
6.4 Your entitlement to any Prize will be voided (and the Prize will not be paid) if a Prize is not claimed within the Claim Period and any additional documents requested by Islands Lotto are not provided within the Claim Period.
6.5 You can only claim the Prize that relates directly to Your Win. You cannot claim any alternative Prize.
6.6 Islands Lotto will provide You with a unique code and instructions as to how to claim Your Prize if the Prize is valued in excess of £2,000.00. Islands Lotto reserves the right to refuse payment in respect of any Prize where You do not bring the documents required to validate Your claim to the Prize.
6.7 A person can claim on behalf of a deceased Player’s estate if they can prove, to Islands Lotto’s satisfaction, that they are entitled to make the claim (for example, but not by way of limitation by providing a grant of probate to show their appointment as an administrator or equivalent of the deceased Player’s estate). The person claiming will need to submit any relevant proof with the Prize Claim Reference Number, or any other form of identification that Islands Lotto may require.
7.1 Before a claimed Prize can be paid, it must be successfully validated in accordance with Islands Lotto’s validation procedures adopted from time to time. Islands Lotto’s decision about whether the Play or Entry is valid will be final and binding.
7.2 Without limiting the effect of Section 7.1, Islands Lotto will declare a Play or Entry invalid (and will not, therefore, pay out on a claim for any Prize) if:
- 7.2.1 the Play or Entry is the result of an act by You or another person that was intended to increase the chances of You or that person winning a Prize in the relevant Pay to Play Game above the chances enjoyed by other Players of that Pay to Play Game, or to increase that Prize; or
- 7.2.2 the Play or Entry is counterfeit, all or part of the Play or Entry has been forged, or the Play or Entry fails to pass Islands Lotto’s validation and security checks; or
- 7.2.3 the Play Number for the Play is not on Islands Lotto’s official records of Winning Plays, or the relevant Prize for the Winning Play with that Play Number has been paid previously; or
- 7.2.4 the Entry is not on Islands Lotto’s official records of Winning Entries, or the relevant Prize for the Winning Entry has been paid previously; or
- 7.2.5 the details associated with the Play Number of a Play do not match Islands Lotto’s official records of that Play Number; or
- 7.2.6 the details associated with any Entry do not match Islands Lotto’s official records of that Entry; or
- 7.2.7 Islands Lotto believes that the Play or Entry was bought by or on behalf of a person falling within one of the categories in Section 1.3 or who holds more than one Account.
7.3 Without limiting the effect of Section 7.1, Islands Lotto may declare a Play or Entry invalid (and will not be obliged to pay out on a claim for any Prize) if:
- 7.3.1 Islands Lotto believes that the person claiming the Prize is not the holder of the relevant Account or that person’s duly authorised representative, or that the information provided by the person claiming the Prize is incomplete or has been altered or tampered with; or
- 7.3.2 the Play or Entry has not been issued or sold by Islands Lotto; or
- 7.3.3 with regards to Instant Win Games or Slots:
- 220.127.116.11 the Play is defective, in whole or in part; or
- 18.104.22.168 the outcome of a Play as displayed on the Game Play Window is inconsistent with the result of that Play as predetermined by Islands Lotto’s Computer System; or
- 22.214.171.124 the distribution, frequency or amounts of Prizes materially differ from that set out in the Prize Structure for a particular Instant Win Game or Slot.
- 7.3.4 with regards to Draw Based Games:
- 126.96.36.199 the Entry (or any other unique feature of the Entry) does not match the records on Islands Lotto’s Computer System for the Game that the Entry relates to; or
- 188.8.131.52 the Entry is defective, in whole or in part.
8.1 Prizes are automatically credited to Your Account. The value of all and any Prizes You Win will be shown in Your Account as Winnings and can be used to purchase Entries or Plays.
8.2 You can choose withdraw your Winnings from Your Account. The minimum Prize amount that can be claimed for withdrawal is £10.00. Lesser amounts may remain as Winnings in Your Account for the duration of the Claim Period such that any further Prizes won may increase the value of the Winnings in Your Account to a figure in excess of £10.00.
8.3 The list below sets out how Prizes of different amounts will be paid:
- 8.3.1 Prizes of £2,000.00 or less will be paid, at Islands Lotto sole discretion, either:
- 184.108.40.206 to Your credit or debit card used to increase the Funds in Your Account and will be paid within 5 Business Days of Islands Lotto validating the respective claim; or
- 220.127.116.11 by cheque and such cheque will be sent to You within 5 Business Days of Islands Lotto validating the respective claim.
- 18.104.22.168 Islands Lotto may require copies of Your ID documents to ensure that You still meet the criteria set out in Section 1.2 and/or are not deemed ineligible pursuant to Section 1.3 above.
- 8.3.2 Prizes over £2,000.00 up to and including £20,000. You will be required to provide photographic identification such as passport or drivers licence, together with proof of address such as a utility bill or bank statement which clearly shows Your name and address. You will also need to provide Your ‘Prize Claim Reference Number’ which will be provided to You when You claim Your Prize. Payment will be made (at Islands Lotto option) by cheque, bank transfer or direct credit.
- 8.3.3 Prizes over £20,000, You must claim Prizes of over £20,000 in person. Contact Islands Lotto Customer Service by email or phone (see the Site for its current opening hours and details) to arrange Your claim – You will need to quote Your ‘Prize Claim Reference Number’. Prizes over £20,000 will be paid at Your home, Islands Lotto offices, or other agreed location. You must complete a Prize Claim Form provided by Islands Lotto, or any other form Islands Lotto requires You to complete, and present it along with proof of entitlement to claim when claiming a Prize of over £20,000.
8.4 Islands Lotto reserves the right to:
- 8.4.1 pay claimed Prizes by cheque, bank transfer or direct to Your credit card or direct debit card;
- 8.4.2 require You to provide sufficient information to prove You are the holder of the Account that has the Winnings, together with a completed Prize Claim Form or any other form Islands Lotto requires You to complete (where required);
- 8.4.3 in the case of a claim for a Prize over £20,000, claim must be made in person at Your home or any other agreed location at the time agreed by Islands Lotto within the Claim Period.
- 8.4.4 withhold payment of a claimed Prize, until it is entirely satisfied in its absolute discretion that the Win to which the Prize relates is valid and that the claim has been made in good faith;
- 8.4.5 withhold payment of a claimed Prize (or recover or seek to recover a Prize paid out in error):
- 22.214.171.124 until it has carried out all appropriate checks and enquiries (any such checks and enquiries will be carried out promptly by Islands Lotto); or
- 126.96.36.199 if in its absolute discretion it believes that You (as the person claiming a Prize) are not lawfully entitled to payment of the Prize or that the Prize has been paid to You in circumstances where Islands Lotto decides in accordance with Section 7 that the Win is invalid or a Game is defective in accordance with Paragraph 6 of Schedule 1 or Paragraph 2 of Schedule 2, or where there is any other reason for Islands Lotto to question Your entitlement to the Prize.
- 8.4.6 recover a Prize incorrectly paid into Your Account;
- 8.4.7 request proof of entitlement to a Prize (including, without limitation, Identification Information, proof of identity and capacity to claim);
- 8.4.8 refuse to pay a Prize if You are unable to or fail to produce sufficient Identification Information when claiming a Prize;
- 8.4.9 photograph anyone claiming a Prize for Islands Lotto’s records;
- 8.4.10 request a court to decide to whom a claimed Prize should be paid and/or make payment into court.
8.5 The right to claim a Prize is not transferable.
8.6 Islands Lotto will not be responsible or liable to any person claiming a Prize which has been paid to a person who assumed the identity of the relevant Account holder.
8.7 No interest will be payable on any Prize. This includes without limitation, (i) whilst any checks or enquiries are carried out in relation to a Win, (ii) whilst a dispute about the Play or claim for a Prize is being resolved, or (iii) for the period any Prizes remain unclaimed.
8.8 You are responsible for keeping safe and confidential any information required to claim a Prize for a Game (including but not limited to a Ticket Number if claiming a Prize for a Draw Based Game) and if You are not able to provide sufficient Identification Information when claiming a Prize, the Prize will not be paid.
8.9 You are responsible for claiming and (where applicable) checking You receive the full value of any Prize You to which you are entitled.
8.10 You are responsible for checking that Your Ticket shows the correct Entries, Games and Draw dates. You should let Islands Lotto know if Your Ticket does not show the correct Entry, Game or Draw date.
8.11 If You are a person with a legal, physical or other disability and are claiming a Prize, Islands Lotto may pay the Prize to Your authorised representative.
8.12 If Your Account has been suspended by Islands Lotto pursuant to the provisions of these Terms, you will be unable to claim Your Prize.
8.13 You agree that any Prize claimed may be paid to the credit or debit card used to add Funds or directly to Your bank account or by cheque, including where bank accounts are held in joint names.
9.1 You can close Your Account at any time by contacting Customer Services.
9.2 A person may not open or hold more than one Account. If Islands Lotto discovers that You have more than one Account, or believes a third party Account is being used by You or on Your behalf, Islands Lotto reserves the right to terminate, vary or suspend some or all of those Accounts (at its sole discretion) and take whatever action it reasonably considers appropriate.
9.3 Islands Lotto may terminate, vary or suspend the provision of the Games, access to Your Account and/or to the Site, refuse any and all current or future playing of the Games by You, immediately and without giving You prior notice in the following circumstances:
- 9.3.1 for repair or maintenance work or in order to upgrade or update the Site and/or Islands Lotto’s Computer System;
- 9.3.2 if Islands Lotto stops offering the Games, the provision of Accounts, or access to the Site or any part of it to its customers for any reason; or
- 9.3.3 for any other reason at Islands Lotto’s sole discretion.
9.4 Islands Lotto may immediately and without giving You prior notice, terminate, vary or suspend the provision of the Games, access to Your Account and/or to the Site, refuse any and all current or future playing of the Games by You and shall be under no obligation to pay any Prize(s):
- 9.4.1 if any information provided by You (including, without limitation, Games-Related Information) is provided fraudulently or is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete; and/or
- 9.4.2 on Your breach of these Terms which includes the relevant Game Rules and/or any relevant Game Specific Rules; and/or
- 9.4.3 if you are considered to be ineligible to have an Account in accordance with Section 1.7.
9.5 Subject to any Section or Paragraph in these Terms which permits Islands Lotto to withhold any Prize(s), including but not limited to Sections 8.3.3, 9.4, 13.5, if Your Account has been closed or terminated (or if You permanently exclude Yourself from playing all Games in line with Section 4.2), Islands Lotto will refund an amount equal to the Funds in Your Account, excepting the Funds credited as part of a Promotional Campaign, in accordance to Section 3.5. Islands Lotto will have discretion (but shall be under no obligation) to transfer an amount equal to the value of any Winnings available in Your Account to You by deeming them to be claimed.
9.6 If Your Account is suspended the suspension will usually be for a period of no longer than 30 days but, where relevant, it may be for such longer period of time as may reasonably be required (for example, pending any investigations by Islands Lotto or the Jersey Gambling Commission, a law enforcement authority or any other third party).
10.1 You agree that:
- 10.1.1 the Site and the Games are for Your own personal, non-commercial use; and
- 10.1.2 You are only allowed to use Your Account and the Site, and play the Games via Your Account, as set out in these Terms, the applicable Game Rules and any Game Specific Rules.
10.2 You agree that You will only use Your Account, play the Games and use the Site in an appropriate and lawful manner. You will not, by way of example but not by way of limitation:
- 10.2.1 receive, access or transmit any content which is obscene, pornographic, threatening, racist, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limit, copyright) or otherwise objectionable or unlawful; or
- 10.2.2 knowingly or recklessly transmit any content (including, without limit, viruses) through the Site and/or Islands Lotto’s Computer System which will cause, or be likely to cause, detriment or harm, in any degree, to computer systems owned by Islands Lotto or others; or
- 10.2.3 hack into, make excessive traffic demands on or cause any impairment of the functions of any computer system, deliver or forward chain letters, "junk mail" of any kind, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any behaviour intended to prevent others from playing the Games or using the Site or any other website, or which is otherwise likely to damage the reputation or business of Islands Lotto or of any third party; or
- 10.2.4 You MUST NOT engage in, or aid or abet any criminal or other illegal activity (including, without limitation, money laundering) under any law applicable to You or to Islands Lotto through your use of this Website, registering with this Website, opening an Account or playing any of the Games; or
- 10.2.5 authorise or allow anyone to do the above listed in this Section 10.2.
10.3 You agree to indemnify Islands Lotto against any costs, losses, damages and expenses which Islands Lotto may suffer or incur arising out of or in relation to any claim, legal proceeding or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of Your wrongful or negligent use of Your Account, playing of the Games, access to the Site and/or Islands Lotto’s Computer System, or breach by You of these Terms.
10.4 Islands Lotto does not guarantee that the Site will display correctly on all devices on which it can be viewed and/or that Games will display correctly on, or be playable from all devices used to access them.
10.5 Islands Lotto is the owner or licensee of all the copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in, to and in respect of the Games and the Site, and You will not acquire any rights in any of these.
10.6 You must not:
- 10.6.1 copy, disclose, transmit or otherwise make available or remove or change any material available on the Site;
- 10.6.2 reverse engineer or decompile (whether in whole or in part) any software used in connection with the Site and/or the provision of the Games (except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law); or
- 10.6.3 remove, obscure or change any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices in any material obtained from the Site or as a result of playing the Games.
10.7 You acknowledge that:
- 10.7.1 Instant Win Games or Slots are games of chance. The outcome of an Instant Win Game or Slot is not affected by You exercising any skill or judgement.
- 10.7.2 The outcome of Plays are based on probabilities and not from a limited pool or range of Plays. The chances of winning are exactly the same for each Play in that chances are not affected by previous Plays or the number of Prizes already paid for that Instant Win Game or Slot.
11.2 If You win a Prize, You understand and accept that Islands Lotto may if required by law, provide a third party with details of any Prize claimed by You or on Your behalf of, or paid to You.
11.4 Islands Lotto is entitled to hold and process such information in relation to a Prize claim.
11.5 Islands Lotto will keep Your information until it ceases to operate and will only disclose it to anyone (other than the Jersey Gambling Commission) if required by law or with Your consent.
11.7 If You win a Prize, you authorise Islands Lotto to use Your first name and general location e.g. country of residence for promotional purposes. Islands Lotto will only use other personal data if it has obtained Your permission.
12.1 Islands Lotto’s only obligation and liability to You, including but not limited to arising out of or relating to the Games and/or these Terms, whether for breach of contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, is to pay any Prize(s) won in any Game to the rightful owner of the Win or provide a reinstatement of Funds to Your Account in accordance with these Terms.
12.2 Islands Lotto will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss of whatever nature other than, the non-payment of a Prize or the non-reinstatement of any Funds properly due under the Terms and Game Rules. In particular, but without limitation, Islands Lotto will not be liable for any loss of profits, indirect, special or consequential loss, suffered or incurred by You (or any holder or owner of an Account, any person who submits a claim for a Prize during the applicable Claim Period, or any other person) that arises out of the withdrawal of any Game or from the participation or non-participation of You or any person in any Game. This includes but without limitation the loss, for whatever reason, of the chance to participate in such Game.
12.3 Islands Lotto will not be liable to any person for:
- 12.3.1 events beyond its reasonable control and expectations (for example but not by way of limitation war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, power cut and/or failure or obstruction of any network, broadcasting or telecommunications service);
- 12.3.2 the failure or destruction of, or damage to, all or part of the computer systems or records of Islands Lotto or any third party (including, without limitation, the Site and/or Islands Lotto’s Computer System);
- 12.3.3 any mistakes caused by all or part of the computer systems or records of Islands Lotto or any third party (including, without limitation, the Site and/or Islands Lotto’s Computer System);
- 12.3.4 delays, losses, mistakes or omissions in or made by the postal or other delivery service or by the banking system;
- 12.3.5 any other action or event which prevents or hinders the issue of a valid Play (including without limitation the failure of the Site to display correctly on any device used to view it);
- 12.3.6 the refusal to sell a Play to any person or to allow any person to play a Game;
- 12.3.7 any losses caused by You, including the misuse or unauthorised use of passwords, money lost by playing the Games, and the failure to keep Islands Lotto informed of changes to Your personal contact details;
- 12.3.8 any losses caused by the failure or malfunction of Your equipment or technology or Your internet service provider or mobile phone network operator, or the equipment, technology, internet service provider or mobile phone network operator of any other person or third party.
- 12.4.1 there is a failure or malfunction of Islands Lotto’s Computer System which impacts any limits on Your spend or play set by Islands Lotto in line with Sections 3.5 and/or 4.1 or set by You in line with Section 4.2, and has a material adverse effect on You; or
- 12.4.2 any limits You set in line with Section 4.2 are not placed on Your Account and the non-placement has a material adverse effect on You,
Islands Lotto will (at its sole discretion) either:
- 12.4.3 recover any Prizes paid (or suspend any rights you have to claim any Prizes ) in respect of those Plays and reinstate to Your Account the Funds You spent on buying Plays above any limit that should have been set. For the avoidance of doubt, You shall repay to Islands Lotto any such Prizes paid immediately on demand; or
- 12.4.4 reinstate to Your Account the Funds You spent on buying Plays or Entries above any limit that should have been set, net of any Prizes paid to You in respect of those Plays or Entries, respectively.
12.5 Any reinstatement of Funds may also be made in accordance with Paragraph 6 of Schedule 1 and Paragraph 2 of Schedule 2.
12.6 No interest will be payable on any Funds in Your Account nor on any Funds which are reinstated to Your Account in accordance with these Terms.
12.7 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits (a) any person’s liability (i) for fraud; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by breach of any duty that person may have to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill; or (b) any other liability which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
12.8 You acknowledge and agree that in accepting these Terms You do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty (in each case whether negligently or innocently made) or understanding of any person whether or not that person is a party to these Terms.
13.1 The exercise by Islands Lotto of any discretion provided for by these Terms will be final and binding.
13.2 Islands Lotto’s decision will be final and binding about whether or not a Play is a Winning Play, an Entry is a Winning Entry or in relation to any other matter or dispute arising from the payment or non-payment of Prizes.
13.3 Without limiting the effect of Section 13.1, Section 13.2 and any other section of these Terms, following any such decision made by Islands Lotto, Islands Lotto may (at its discretion), respectively:
- 13.3.1 reimburse the cost of the Play or replace the disputed Play with a Play for any current Instant Win Game or Slot of the same value; or
- 13.3.2 reimburse the cost of the Entry or replace the disputed Entry with an Entry for any current Game of the same price.
13.4 The remedy in Section 13.2 will be the Player’s sole and exclusive remedy in relation to any dispute, and any reimbursement or replacement will fully discharge Islands Lotto from any liability in respect of such a dispute. Islands Lotto will not be liable to pay any interest in respect of any reimbursement made under Section 13.2.
13.5 Islands Lotto may suspend any right to claim any Prize and/or make an equivalent payment into court until any dispute has been resolved.
14.1 Any person who:
- 14.1.1 plays a Game;
- 14.1.2 buys a Play;
- 14.1.3 buys an Entry;
- 14.1.4 submits a Win for validation in accordance with Section 7; or
- 14.1.5 claims a Prize in whatever capacity,
agrees to be bound by the provisions of any applicable legislation, these Terms, the relevant Game Rules and any relevant Game Specific Rules (all as amended from time to time) and any other statements or explanations or rules or procedures Islands Lotto may issue from time to time in respect of that Game.
14.4 If any provision (or part of a provision) in any of the documents mentioned in Section 14.3 is decided by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void and/or unenforceable, that decision will only affect the particular provision (or part of the provision) and will not, in itself, make the other provisions of this Agreement void or unenforceable.
14.5 You may not assign or otherwise transfer (in whole or in part) Your rights and/or obligations under these Terms. Any breach of this Section may result in the use of Your Account, the provision of the Games and/or access to the Site being terminated immediately by Islands Lotto. Islands Lotto may assign or otherwise their rights and/or obligations under these Terms in whole or in part to any third party at its sole discretion.
14.6 Except if Islands Lotto assigns or transfers its rights and/or obligations under these Terms, a person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to enforce these Terms.
15.1 These Terms are governed by Jersey law. The courts of Jersey will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to all disputes under these Terms.
16.1 Islands Lotto can be contacted:
- 16.1.1 online at www.islandslotto.com via the support system which is available when You are logged into Your account.
- 16.1.2 by post: Islands Lotto Limited, 22 Hill Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4UA
16.2 Islands Lotto’s website can be accessed at: www.islandslotto.com.
An account maintained by a Player on Islands Lotto’s Computer System.
A day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Jersey when banks in Jersey are open for business.
With respect to a claim for a Prize on:
- a Draw Based Game, before 11.59pm GMT on the 365th day after the respective Draw; and
- an Instant Win Game or Slot, before 11.59pm GMT on the 365th day after the respective Instant Win Game or Slot was completed.
Islands Lotto’s help service for Players is available online on the Site via the support system which is available when You are logged into Your Account.
Has the meaning given to it in Section 2.7.
The process which results in the random selection by Islands Lotto of a set of Winning Numbers for a Game.
An Islands Lotto game, the result of which is determined by a draw, entry into which You can buy via the Site using Funds in Your Account.
A point in time before a Draw after which no Selections will be entered into that Draw.
The draw procedures that apply to a Draw, as determined by Islands Lotto from time to time.
An entry into a Draw-Based Game Played in line with the relevant Game Specific Rules.
The monies held in Your Account and used to purchase Entries or Plays on the Site.
A Draw-Based Game and/or an Instant Win Game or Slot.
Game Details Screen:
The screen on the Site that displays details of a particular Game.
Information held by Islands Lotto which relates to the Games (excluding Try Games) You have played, including the outcome of each Play.
Game Play Window:
The screen on the Site from which You can play an Instant Win Game.
Your Transaction History, Game History and any information Islands Lotto requires You to submit to it before providing You with access to the Games (which may include, for example, Your name, user name, password, phone number(s), address, email address and date of birth).
The rules or conditions which apply to either Draw-Based Games or Instant Win Games or Slots (as appropriate) and which are set out at Schedule 1 and Schedule 2.
Game Specific Rules:
The rules or conditions issued by Islands Lotto in addition to or in substitution for any Game Rules, which apply only to a particular Game, and including, without limitation, the Game name, the price per Play, how to play, how a Prize is won, the Prize Structure and any other relevant information. These are available on the relevant Game Details Screen and the Game Specific Rules for any Game.
Information used to establish Your identity, including information required by Islands Lotto to confirm the authenticity of that information. Identification Information could include any element of the Games-Related Information and, if You submit a claim for a Prize payment within the applicable Claim Period, Your passport, driving licence and utility bills.
Instant Win Game or Slot:
A Pay to Play Game or a Try Game.
Islands Lotto Limited whose registered office is at 22 Hill Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4AU regulated by the Jersey Gambling Commission (licence number RGO-001-14). Any references to “we”, “us” and “our” in these Terms are references to Islands Lotto.
Islands Lotto’s Computer System:
The computer systems used by or on behalf of Islands Lotto from time to time to operate Games, administer Accounts, facilitate Plays or Entries and pay Prizes.
Jersey Gambling Commission:
The Jersey Gambling Commission (being the body appointed to regulate The Islands Lotto) or any other body appointed to regulate Islands Lotto from time to time.
A selection of numbers which are randomly selected by Islands Lotto’s Computer System on Your behalf for the purposes of making an Entry.
Pay to Play Game:
An Islands Lotto Instant Win Game or Slot which is available to play on the Site and in which You have a chance to win a Prize.
An entry into a Pay to Play Game in line with that Game’s Game Specific Rules.
The number which is unique to and which identifies a particular Play, and which is recorded on Islands Lotto’s Computer System.
How You play an Instant Win Game or Slot, as set out in the Game Specific Rules and indicated on the Site (including the Game Details Screen) for a particular Instant Win Game or Slot.
An individual who uses his/her Account to play a Game.
Islands Lotto’s policy relating to the use and storage of Your personal information (including, but not limited to, Games-Related Information), as amended from time to time.
The amount awarded from a Win.
Prize Claim Reference Number:
A unique number/code issued by Islands Lotto for every Prize.
The value of Prizes and odds of winning in an individual Game as determined by Islands Lotto and set out in the Game Specific Rules for the relevant Game.
A set of numbers chosen by You (whether chosen by Yourself or via Lucky Dip) for the purpose of making an Entry.
The website www.islandslotto.com.
As defined at Paragraph 7.3.6 of Schedule 1.
As defined at Paragraph 7.2 of Schedule 1.
The Islands Foundation:
The independent body appointed to distribute proceeds from Islands Lotto Limited to good causes (see www.Islandsfoundation.org).
The graphical representation of Your Entry.
The history of payments into and out of Your Account, shown in the ‘My Account’ section of the Site.
An Instant Win Game or Slot which is available to play free of charge on the Site (following an Account having been opened) and for which there are no Prizes.
Islands Lotto’s Play validation requirements referred to in Section 5.8 to 5.10 inclusive or as otherwise determined by Islands Lotto from time to time.
A Winning Entry or Winning Play.
The monies held in Your Account from Prizes awarded
An Entry which entitles You to a Prize, as set out at Schedule 1 paragraph 3 and which meets all the Validation Requirements.
The numbers and/or letters used to determine the Winning Entries for a Draw-Based Game.
A Play which entitles You to a Prize, in accordance with the relevant Game Specific Rules, and which meets all the Validation Requirements.
(a) A person intending to open an Account; or (b) the holder of an Account, who is eligible to buy Plays and/or play Try Games or who has successfully set up a Direct Debit via their Account, and whose Account (or Direct Debit) has not been terminated, cancelled, suspended or closed. “Your” and “Yourself” shall be interpreted accordingly.