- 1 What are Cookies
- 2 Types of cookies
- 4 Manage your cookies
Back to Contents 1 What are Cookies
A cookie is a small, often encrypted text file that is stored on your device. A website sends you a cookie and your web browser stores it. The browser returns the cookie to the web server the next time you visit. They are designed to make the interaction between websites and users faster and easier. Our cookies don't store personal information that allow us to identify a person, such as payment card details or your address. They simply store encrypted information. Cookies don't harm your device and you can block them by changing your browser settings.
Back to Contents 2 Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies. All of them work in the same way, but have small differences:
- Session cookies: They are only active while you are using our website. As soon as you close your internet browser, these cookies are deleted. They help to keep track of your activity while on the site and therefore make it easier for you to move around and complete various tasks. They do not contain personal information that allows us to identify a person.
- Analytical: These cookies count the number of visitors and to follow how visitors move around our website. They enable us to see how our website works and make improvements by ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for.
- Persistent or Permanent Cookies: These are stored on the hard disk of the device and our web reads them every time you revisit www.islandslotto.com; they have a fixed expiry or ending date and stop working after that. They allow us to identify your actions and preferences, analyse your visits and help us understand how users reach our web page and how to improve our services.
- Functional Cookies: These allow www.islandslotto.com to remember decisions adopted by the user, such as their login or identifier. The information these cookies collect is anonymized (that is, do not contain your name, address or other data).
- Third-party Cookies: Third-party cookies are cookies that a website you are not visiting install, for example, those used by social networks (like Facebook) or by external content extensions (such as Google Maps). In addition, some advertising companies use this kind of file to track your visits on every site on which they advertise.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
By entering www.islandslotto.com, you expressly agree that we can use this type of cookie in your devices. If you disable the cookies, your navigation through www.islandslotto.com may not be the best and some of the tools that www.islandslotto.com has may not work properly.
As defined above, some cookies are set that are essential for the website and online services to operate efficiently.
Islands Lotto cookies do not capture personally identifiable information (PII).
Strictly necessary cookies
|cookieconsent_dismissed||Acceptance of cookies by the user|
Third Party cookies
Google has developed an extension that you can install in your browser if you wish not to be tracked by its cookies: Google Analytics Opt Out
Back to Contents 4 Manage your cookies
For more information about cookies, how to opt out and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet, go to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ – the guide to online behavioural advertising and privacy. This website is operated by the UK Internet Advertising Bureau, the industry body for online advertising. On here you'll find information about how behavioural advertising works, how to opt out, further information about cookies and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet.
To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can find some useful links below: